Frequently Asked Question
Testcase classes: How to use the same testcase code for multiple protocols?
Last Updated 4 years ago
Introducing a special base class: HybridTestCase
- Supports: CAN, FlexRay (with TP), LIN
- Fitting protocol is being determined by the type of the UUT, e.g.
- CAN-UUT: Testcase will be executed via CAN
- FlexRay-UUT: Testcase will be executed via FlexRay
- Can only abstract TP-level diagnostic messages, as low-level messages would required additional bus-specific header information (e.g. FlexRay addresses, CAN DLC, etc.)
from flashcedere.hybrid_test_case import HybridTestCase
- Requires bus-specific headers
- Example will work for FlexRay but no CAN-ECU would respond
- Abstracted from underlying protocol
- Example will work anyway